ROMULO’S SIGNATURE SHARING PLATES “PLATOS”
Recipes passed down from one generation to the next. Dishes that are truly Filipino at its finest, executed by our team of Filipino chefs, who will bring these family recipes to life for you to try and experience the true Romulo dining tradition.
- CRISPY PORK HOCK (CRISPY PATA)£8.00 / £15.50All-time Romulo Café favourite boneless crispy pork hock served with tomato shrimp sauce, spicy vinegar and Kalamansi seasoned soy sauce
- LOLA VIRGINIA’S STUFFED ROAST CHICKEN RELLENO£16.50Red Tractor-certified Norfolk boneless chicken stuffed with minced pork, peas, chorizo and paprika
- CRISPY FLYING FISH FRIED TILAPIA£16.50Deep fried whole tilapia served with classic Filipino condiments (sawsawan) of cane vinegar,soy sauce, shrimp paste (bagoong)
- SCOTTISH SALMON TAMARIND “SINIGANG” STEW£18.75Salmon fillet with morning glory, okra, daikon and aubergine in a savoury tart tamarind flavoured stew
- CHICKEN AND PORK ADOBO “ROMULO STYLE”£16.50A Filipino classic, braised tender pieces of Norfolk chicken and Dingley Dell pork belly in a bed of sweet potato mash with a side of adobo jus
ROMULO CAFE CLASSIC PLATITOS
Platitos are our Tasting Plates, and more. Full of flavour, we use seasonal ingredients and home-grown British produce wherever possible.
- SIZZLING CHICKEN INASAL SISIG£8.00Traditional sizzling Pampanga-style Jack Brand diced chicken thighs marinated in annatto, ginger, green chili, garlic, and lemongrass
- SMOKED FISH (TINAPA) SPRING ROLL£7.00Shredded smoked fish with red eggs and tomatoes in a spring roll wrapper served with pinakurat (spiced) vinegar
- CRISPY SQUID (PRITONG PUSIT)£8.00Julienne strips of deep fried squid served with with a chili honey and garlic glaze topped with spring onions
- FLAN OF TARO LEAVES (LAING)£6.00A very popular dish from the Bicol region of the Philippines featuring the leaves of the gabi root sautéed in coconut milk and spices
- KENSINGTON FRIED CHICKEN£8.00Crispy marinated Norfolk chicken served with our very own adobo mayonnaise and Filipino catsup sauce
- STIR-FRIED WINGED BEANS (GINATAANG SIGARILYAS AT TINAPA)£7.50Crunchy winged beans cooked in coconut milk and enriched with smoked milk fish (VEGETARIAN OPTION AVAILABLE)
CHEF’S SPECIAL PLATITOS (NEW DISHES)
Created in consultation with top Filipino guest chefs, these platitos are a fresh take on Filipino cuisine.
All vegetable dishes available without meat
KANIN (RICE) Dishes